Monday, October 30, 2006

If Ignatieff Wins the Liberals Will Lose the Next Election

I may only be an occasional blogger who couldn't even get elected as a delegate, but when I see what's coming down the pike I'm usually right. When Mansbridge was talking about Stockwell Day being good looking and likely to get the women's vote, I laughed, and when they said he had a chance of winning the country, I laughed hysterically. When the world was all agog with Martin, I predicted he would destroy the party and the country - well he certainly laid the foundation for that. Now I am predicting categorically that Ignatieff will never lead the Liberal Party to victory. The moment of truth was tonight when I watched him say re Quebec's nationhood - and I paraphrase - "just select a leader and when the time is right....." Does he really think that that's how democracy works??!! He really thinks - it would appear - that he is God's gift to Canada - "just leave it in my hands" - well I don't think so. I never thought I'd ever say this but he's scarier than Harper.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anon said...

"just select a leader and when the time is right....." Does he really think that that's how democracy works??!!

Yes, in fact. Not that I would want to question your prediction powers, but you're just pissing in the wind.

Ignatieff has strong organization, strong leadership capabilities, strong team members and a solid head on his shoulders. How on earth do you think he beat Rae in his own province for delegates? How do you think he beat Dion in Quebec? How do you think he finished first in most provinces, and finished no worse than second in all others?

It wasn't by luck.

Moreover, he's right on Quebec. We do need to that issue. By ignoring them we're playing a dangerous, risky game as indicated by André Pratte, who knows a lot more about federalism than you or I.

Further, Ignatieff isn't alone. The resolution was drafted by a Dion supporter. In fact, iggy has Rae, Dion and Kennedy siding with him in saying that Quebec should be recognized as a nation at some point in time.

Ignatieff hasn't said we need to open the constitution today. Don't be misled. Don't be too narrow either. This is no time to divide the party.

7:31 AM  
Blogger CuriosityCat said...

The Cat agrees with you.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home