Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thanks 'Frankly Canadian' for This

I've always suspected this but thanks to a comment by Frankly Canadian in my last post, here it is:

"As an interesting project, last night I decided to compare the previous occupations of the various members of parliament. I found most of the Conservatives came from a background of insurance, promotions, advertising, consulting, in short careers that require selling either a product or themselves. In contrast I found most Liberals to have backgrounds in education, law, business management, public service, in short a more educated type of vocation, just an interesting observation.".

Says it all doesn't it and explains why they can't develop policy - they have no clue what a policy is.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that's really interesting & explains a lot as to why the CONs are the way they are. Thanks for that!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Oldschool said...

Certainly does say it all . . . a country is a large business, when run like a business everyone benefits. But . . . when run by lawyers (who are lower than used car dealers . . . eg. Edwards), and educators (who tend to be an elitest group who have never been in the real world or had a real job). I mean look what our universities are turning out!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Frankly Canadian said...

Do not get me wrong "Old School" (A.K.A Old Fool), I was merely suggesting that it was odd that the level of education from the Liberal M.P.'s is much more extensive then that of the Conservative M.P.'s. You have given me a new project to work on tonight though, that I have found to be extremely interesting. The type of previous profession from some of the higher educated conservatives seems freakishly common to be of Law/ Lawyer background. Some of these previous Lawyers, and as you stated "who are lower than used car dealers", seem to be holding some pretty important offices for Canada. These former "used car dealers are as follows: Maxime Bernier, Vic Toews, Peter Van Loan, Peter McKay, Garry Lunn, Jim Flaherty, Jim Prentice. So I guess for once and I'm quite sure only once, I will have to agree with you that having a bunch of used car dealers running the country makes for a capricious situation. Incidentally does anyone know how many Pulitzer prizes Steven Harper has, as he has economist, lecturer, and writer on his resume? Thanks for the enlightenment "Old Fool" and thanks for the recognition Susan, have a great day!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home